Re: [exim] Sender verification

Author: Wolfgang Hennerbichler
To: exim-users
CC: David Woodhouse
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender verification

On 30.08.2007, at 07:30, Wolfgang Hennerbichler wrote:

>> I'm surprised Exim's SMTP syntax checks
>> didn't catch that -- unless it really was a backslash and three
>> digits?
>
> Those messages are frozen because they have been bounced from the
> remote MTA. I'll try to figure out a way to block these sender
> adresses. Thanks for your help digging into the RFC's (I should
> actually have done that before asking).

The way I filter those messages now happens in this simple ACL
statement:

   deny    message = No weird characters allowed!
           senders = ^.*\\xc3

This matches everything that contains Unicode c3.
See this list for the matching characters:
http://www.utf8-chartable.de/

I think you need to compile PCRE with UTF8 Support, though.

thanks for your help, I hope I did it right.
wogri

--
wogri@???
http://www.wogri.com