Re: [exim-dev] Relay during SMTP session

Góra strony
Autor: Dave Evans
Dla: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] Relay during SMTP session
On Tue, Aug 28, 2007 at 10:05:41AM +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Aug 2007, Dave Evans wrote:
>
> > If the message has exactly one recipient, and that recipient gets routed to an
> > 'smtp' transport,
>
> Hold it right there. We are still in the SMTP input dialogue, right?
> In that situation, Exim routes addresses in "verify" mode, not in
> "delivery mode". So the result of routing might well be different. So we
> have to build a new interface to re-run the routers in delivery mode,
> just for this case.

As I said further down my post, the "and that recipient gets routed to an smtp
transport" bit is probably redundant; but yes, it would mean re-routing the
recipient in delivery mode, and checking that the result of that routing was
only one recipient (i.e. no multiple-child addresses).

> What do you do if the connection from the SMTP client has timed out in
> the meantime?

If your delivery attempt has not got as far as sending the end-of-message ".",
then abort the delivery (for remote smtp deliveries, that is). In fact it's
probably the same, even if you have sent the final ".". In some ways it's no
different from the existing problem: if the client sends "." and then
disconnects before receiving the response, there is the potential for
ambiguity.

> ... but I fear there are nasty problems that require a more complicated
> approach than just a small tinker.

No argument there!

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet Limited, registered in England #03053650 at Norfolk House,