Re: [exim] SPAM with empty subject field

Author: Mar Matthias Darin
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM with empty subject field
Hello,

> Probably correct; however you may wish to consider the likelihood that a
> message with no Date:, Subject: or To: field is legitimate, and tweak its
> spam score accordingly if outright rejection is too risky in your
> environment (in fact I think the default SpamAssassin ruleset does add
> some points for these occurrences, but perhaps not significantly enough
> when all three occur at once).

I will correct the return message to be more appropriate.

Not having a date is just too risky with the myriad of M$ vulnerabilities
out there.

My experience with messages with no To line is an open dictionary attack
where spammers are fishing the system for valid user names.

For my system, I have no false positives with this setup.

---

DynaStop: Stopping spam one dynamic IP address at a time.
http://tanaya.net/DynaStop/