Re: [exim] SPAM with empty subject field

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] SPAM with empty subject field
paul.mcilfatrick@??? wrote:

> Lately we have been receiving a lot of SPAM with the empty subject
> field.
>
> I have searched the Exim 4 book and also the v4.6x spec pdf file looking
> for a variable that holds an incoming message's subject as I want to do
> a check in the acl_smtp_data ACL for this type of SPAM.
>
> Is there such a variable?
>

> My search of the pdf file found mention of the $h_subject variable.
>
> Is this variable available in Exim?

$h_HEADERNAME: contain the various headers and is case insensitive. Eg:

$h_subject: and $h_SUBJECT: and $h_Subject: all equal the same thing.

These variables are only accessible in the data acl and the routers.

To me, it sounds like you need to perform two separate tests:

1.) Does the Subject header exist? ${if def:h_Subject:}
2.) Is it empty?                   ${if eq{$h_Subject:}{}}

Here's how you do both in a single condition:

condition = ${if and{{def:h_Subject:}{eq{$h_Subject:}{}}}}

All of the above is untested.

MikeC2