Re: [exim] Fake ACCEPT (ahem)

Author: Marcin Krol
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Fake ACCEPT (ahem)
John Hall pisze:
>>> But why would you want to accept and silently discard mail? If the mail
>>> contains a virus, don't you think it's better that the sender is told so?
>>>
>> No! That causes collateral spam! Think faked sender...
>>

> Not if you're rejecting during the SMTP transaction, which is I think
> what was being discussed originally.

Correct, *but the default clamav message saying so is unreadable*.
Default clamav reject message is not customizable very much, not enough
to make it vary and indicate CLEARLY AND IN BIG LETTERS it was phishing
/ it was spam (clamav used to filter out only viruses so it was not a
problem).

So I need to replace it.

So I need to blackhole the message myself (do accept, not deny) and
generate another message myself and send it during SMTP time with 5xx code.

This is complicated, nevertheless, this is an optimum solution which I seek.

--
Marcin Król