[exim] identifying real hotmail servers

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] identifying real hotmail servers
We'd like to whitelist real hotmail servers. We've found we can't
identify them from their spf records; they don't keep those up-to-date
<frown>.

Currently hotmail appears to be using only servers matching this:

bay0-omcX-sYY.bay0.hotmail.com

where "X" is a single digit and YY is either one or two digits.

Is there a way to easily check for this in an lsearch (or perhaps some
other kind of search) through a whitelist file?

Or some other easy way to do it?

Or some other method completely different, that doesn't rely on their
published spf records?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
P.O. Box 52200, Riverside, CA 92517