[exim] retry time and fallback host

Author: Zbigniew Szalbot
To: Exim users
Subject: [exim] retry time and fallback host

Dear exim users,

Is it possible to configure exim so that once certain rerty time passes
(say 24h), when attempting to send queued emails exim will switch to pass
them to a smarthost instead of trying to deliver them straight to the end
recipients?

I guess it may be difficult in terms of header rewriting and such? We are
on a DSL line and we deliver majority of emails but there are always a few
addresses which we cannot reach because their postmasters disallow mails
from DSL line, even when we have a permanent IP address and rDNS set
correctly.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Warm regards,

Zbigniew Szalbot