Re: [exim] X-originating-IP

Author: Magnus Holmgren
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] X-originating-IP
On Monday 20 August 2007 01:49, Stephen Gran wrote:
> I'm just curious, how do you expect people in say, dial up ranges, to use
> hotmail and deliver mail? I realize the original question was a "how do
> you do it" type question, rather than a "please debate the merits of this
> idea" type question, but I really feel I have to bring some of the latter
> question up before someone reads the archives and does something so silly.

SBL should be appropriate to use. It's supposed to list only those IP
addresses owned or controlled directly by spammers, not IP addresses of
zombies. XBL is very inappropriate and PBL is right out as it *only* lists
end user addresses for no other reasons than being end user addresses.

I think most other DNSBLs fit in one of these categories too.

--
Magnus Holmgren        holmgren@???
                       (No Cc of list mail needed, thanks)