Re: [exim] Small feature request - fallback_hosts

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users, Ian Eiloart
Subject: Re: [exim] Small feature request - fallback_hosts
On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:

> If you read the original message I am requesting a new feature to not
> queue messages. It appears that your suggestion of setting retry doesn't
> work. I don't think there is an alternate solution which is why I asked
> for a feature.

If you want to disable all retrying in Exim, use this retry rule:

* *

That is, match all hosts/addresses, all errors, and specify no retry
times. Or, even simpler, have no retry section in your configuration.

If by "not queue" you mean "not write to the spool disk", I'm afraid you
can't stop Exim doing that.