Re: [exim] Allowing sender verify when sender over quota

Author: Phil \(Medway Hosting\)
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Allowing sender verify when sender over quota

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Schorr" <erik-eximlist@???>
To: "Exim users" <exim-users@???>
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 7:55 PM

> In addition, someone who is legitimately using their own email account is

far
> less likely to have a full mailbox than a mailbox whose email address was

used
> as the From address in a spam campaign. I would absolutely WANT to reject
> messages that appear to come from an account whose mailbox is over quota,
> simply for this fact. It's probably already full of bounces for spam that
> this person may or may not have actually sent.

Which only goes to emphasise exactly why CR and similar methods are
considered to be abusive. I would recommend bolstering your own internal
filtering methods rather relying on other possibly innocent people/servers
to do your filtering for you.

All the best

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965

Digital & Traditional Printing, and much more
www.medwayprint.com - +44 (0)1634 281199