Re: [exim] Customizing Email Headers

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Customizing Email Headers
Tom Ray [Lists] wrote:
> I'm really stumped on something and it's possible you can't actually do
> this but I want to set the "Sender" field to something I want to
> specify. However, it keeps assigning the sender as
> apacheuser@???. I don't want that, I want to put a
> different address there. Is that possible?
>
> I tried this:
>
> $headers="FROM: me@???\r\n";
> $headers.="Sender: me@???\r\n";
>
> And even:
>
> $headers.="envelope-from: me@???\r\n";

That's not how $variables work in Exim. They are more string
substitutions than variables in that respect.

Your problem smells a lot more like a trusted user issue. When the user
calling exim is not trusted, exim will just set whatever the current
user is as the from address.

The Trusted and Admin users part of the manual looks a good place for
you to start.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch05.html#SECTtrustedadmin

--
The Exim Manual