Re: [exim] Message delivery when home directory does not exi…

Autor: Chris Hills
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Message delivery when home directory does not exist
Nigel Wade wrote:
> As part of the user registration I send a "welcome" message, and
> delivery of this message creates the initial home and Maildir
> directories. Without this the POP/IMAP daemon throws a wobbly due to the
> missing home directory.

On a side note, our current production email system (which is sadly due
to be obsoleted this summer) has this the other way around (due to using
a pre-1.0 version of dovecot). Users have to log into to their email
account first before they can receive mail.

--
Chris Hills                       | Tel: +44 (0)1527 572754
IT Services                       | Fax: +44 (0)1527 572901