Re: [exim] Preventing TXT lookups after successful acl modif…

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: 'Exim-users@exim.org'
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Preventing TXT lookups after successful acl modifier dnslists processing
Thomas Jacob wrote:
> Whenever a DNSBL query matches, exim requests a TXT record for
> the same lookup domain name in order to get the info usually describing
> the reason for this entry being in a particular list.
>
> Is there anyway to prevent this? Thereby significantly reducing the
> number of DNS requests? I am generating my own response messages, so
> the info just gets thrown away...

After a quick look at the source, I think I can say that the default
query is all done with a single TXT query. There is no separate query to
see if it exists and then another to check the TXT record.

You can heavily modify the behavior of the resolver as laid out in the
manual.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch40.html#SECTmorednslists

--
The Exim Manual