Re: [exim] Serious Problems .. over 100,000 messages in the …

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: Andrew Rosolino
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Serious Problems .. over 100,000 messages in the queue
Andrew Rosolino wrote:
> There is also a bigger problem.. most of those e-mails are all SPAM being
> sent from our server =(.. we are being badly abused!!!
>
> I have it set to delete SPAM messages and not deliver them but its not even
> deleting it.. I am using SpamAssasin by the way.. here is some headers

I'm unclear on whether your system is originating the spam
(not SPAM; that's a trademark for a food product), or is
a relay. Do your logs indicate that these messages are
received from elsewhere? If so, you need to look at your
relaying policies. Otherwise, you need to find the
method used to inject the messages on your system and
close that down. Do you trust that your system has
not been subverted?

In the meantime, I suggest you should firewall the outbound
smtp port externally.

- Jeremy