Re: [exim] sigprocmask Re: exim -qTIME not starting queue ru…

Author: Tom Kistner
To: Lutz Preßler
CC: exim-users, poeml
Subject: Re: [exim] sigprocmask Re: exim -qTIME not starting queue runners on some Linux system
Lutz Preßler schrieb:

>> Anyway - no Exim topic.
> Thinking a little bit more about it: maybe it is.
> Signal handling in different POSIX OSes seems to be
> difficult, but why is Exim not unblocking SIGALRM with
> sigprocmask in daemon.c to guard against such a problem?

Because it expects to inherit a halfway-sane mask from the spawning
process? :) Signals may also be blocked on purpose (Although I admit I
can't think of a reason to block ALRM when running an exim listener).

Regardless of such a fix in Exim, I still think something is wrong with
the host system.

/tom