Re: [exim] rewrite message subject

Autor: D. Dante Lorenso
A: Zbigniew Szalbot
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] rewrite message subject
Zbigniew Szalbot wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Wed, 01 Aug 2007 17:29:18 -0500, "D. Dante Lorenso"
> <dante@???> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> When email is targeted at certain mailboxes (mailing lists), I'd like to
>> rewrite the message subject to either prepend or append some text if the
>> subject does not already contain that text as a substring. This way,
>> mail that goes through the list will be stamped with something like
>> '[LISTNAME] original subject'.
>>
>> Does anyone have any pointers on how I can most easily do this?
>
> If you run a mailing list, chances are it has an option to tage a subject
> line. For example, in mailman it is subject_prefix option.

Exim is my mailing list software! That's why I'm looking for the option
to tag the subject line ;-) I use a router like this:

virtual_groups:
driver = redirect
allow_fail = true
senders = ${lookup pgsql{ SELECT ... FROM ... WHERE ... }}
data = ${lookup pgsql{ SELECT g.email FROM ... WHERE ... }}
local_part_suffix = -*
local_part_suffix_optional = true
retry_use_local_part = true
reply_transport = address_reply
pipe_transport = address_pipe

If this router passes, likely I am sending email to a list. I'd like to
put another column in the PostgreSQL DB to contain the optional subject
prefix and/or suffix strings that will be added to the subject when this
router is invoked.

There is no mailman or majordomo in use here.

-- Dante