Re: [exim] direct boolean values in AND failing

Autor: Brian Blood
A: Exim Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] direct boolean values in AND failing

On Aug 1, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Dean Brooks wrote:

> Exim's expansion syntax is not a programming language.

Could have fooled me! :-)

IFs, ANDs, ORs, and now FORANY and FORALL, oh my!!

I sure as heck treat it/push it like a programming language.

> It's just
> a set of string expansion operators.
>
> A valid condition is required in any ${if construct, such as eq{}.

sure.
I get so used to be able to most anything anywhere with exim, I
forget there ARE limits sometimes, in this case only as part of an IF
construct.

> Certain condition= statements in ACL will accept values such as "true"
> or "1" to indicate a positive value, but that is only after regular
> string expansions have been performed on the value of the condition
> statement.

I'll second my vote for the wishlist item mentioned by John.

thanks
Brian