Re: [exim] Pipe transport in router data statement

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: Michael L Griffin, EXIM mailing list
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Pipe transport in router data statement
Michael L Griffin schrieb:
> However, a new requirement has reared it head where I need to be
> able to redirect to a pipe "|/etc/exim4/eticket_support.pl" for a
> proposed eTicket support ticketing system
> (http://eticket.sourceforge.net/) and I found a possible solution on
> on their forum (http://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=4208727)
>
> From what I can surmise, I need to duplicate my working router and
> added a statement in the "data" part to check for $local_part that
> start with a pipe ( | ) and exclude it in teh first router and include
> it in the second but I have no idea how to do that. Would it be
> possible for a kind soul to post an example?
>
> The rest I should be able to sort out myself once I have the correct
> "data" lookups

I would just add a new router like this before your redirect router:

eticket_aliases:
driver = accept
domains = eticket.your-company.tld
local_part = eticket
transport = address_pipe

You may need to tweak the options a bit, depending on your setup , but
in general that should work fine. you could also just add
pipe_transport = address_pipe to your normal alias router, but then you
should be pretty sure that no other addresses in your databases can
start with a pipe character. The seperate router makes this a lot saver.