Re: [pcre-dev] More Windows-related/misc. tweaks

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Daniel Richard G.
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] More Windows-related/misc. tweaks
On Mon, 30 Jul 2007, Daniel Richard G. wrote:

> Points #1 and #3 are addressed in the Autoconf manual.

Aha. OK, I'll go with their style.

I have applied your patch (I hope correctly, though with some added
comments and maybe format changes). PCRE itself compiles fine on Linux.
However, the C++ wrapper doesn't.

First problem: you didn't supply pcrecpp_internal.h. I invented one to
do the same kind of job (in this area) that pcre_internal.h does. Now I
get this error:

pcrecpp.cc:58: error: redefinition of 'pcrecpp::Arg pcrecpp::no_arg'
pcrecpp.h:350: error: 'pcrecpp::Arg pcrecpp::no_arg' previously declared
here

I have to go shortly, so I have committed everything (including my
invented pcrecpp_internal.h) to the SVN so that you can see it and
hopefully figure out what's wrong.

AHA! Just as I'm going, I noticed that you DID supply
pcrecpp_internal.h. But if I use that, I get a zillion errors, starting
with

pcrecpp.h:358: error: expected identifier before 'extern'
pcrecpp.h:358: error: invalid function declaration
pcrecpp.h:468: error: 'RE_Options' does not name a type
pcrecpp.h:472: error: 'RE_Options' does not name a type
pcrecpp.h:475: error: 'RE_Options' does not name a type

Back tomorrow...

Philip

--
Philip Hazel, University of Cambridge Computing Service.