Re: [exim] exim 4 - relay_from_hosts

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Robinson
A: Robert Cates
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim 4 - relay_from_hosts
On 30/07/2007 19:06, Robert Cates wrote:
> I appreciate the help, but my ISP does not block any ports,

Yours may not but your roaming users may find themselves using ISPs
which do. For maximum ease of use for your users, I would strongly recommend

daemon_smtp_ports = 25 : 465 : 587
tls_on_connect_ports = 465

Also set up SSL/TLS so everyone who's authenticating can avoid sending
their password "in clear". A self-signed certificate will do fine, but
Outlook users will need to install it on their machines, so make it
available for download from your web site.

I know people disapprove of the use of port 465, but since it's the only
way of getting some MS Outlook versions to do SSL/TLS at all, I consider
it a necessary evil. Blame Microsoft.

>   accept
>     authenticated = *
>     control = submission/sender_retain

That should be enough, but I'm not familiar with the Debian config
arrangements to be sure.

Cheers,

John.