[exim] Question on email-addresses file permissions

Autor: Telly Williams
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: [exim] Question on email-addresses file permissions
Hi,

    I keep getting errors about permission being denied from Exim4 on my email-addresses file on lookup.

    The file permissions are like:

        770 root:root

    My solution is to chmod/chown this to 600 telly:exim.  Am I not seeing the implications of doing this, giving access to the email file from the owner?

    I'm thinking, if my machine got compromised, someone could do all they want because I'm already logged in as telly.  But if I keep it as root then I'm
going to keep getting the errors.  The user telly seems to HAVE to be in there somewhere, otherwise the file won't get accessed.  If I chmod 777 then everyone
has access.  Any suggestions?

Telly