Re: [exim] RFC1413 (ident), TCP Reset & Alarm

Autor: Sander Smeenk
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] RFC1413 (ident), TCP Reset & Alarm
Quoting Dave Evans (davide-20070112@???):

> > Why is it that Exim4 (4.60) still waits for an alarm() to occur when a
> > connection to ident has been rejected with a RST? At least, that is what
> > seems to happen.
> Are you sure your box is receiving, and not firewalling out, the RST packet?

Most certain. A telnet to it's ident port results in an imediate
'Connection refused' error.

I have an iptables -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset rule. Without it it
matches the DROP policy and even telnet stalls for a moment. :)

-Sndr.