Re: [exim] ldap lookups failed on a Lotus Domino LDAP server

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: Olivier Delemar
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] ldap lookups failed on a Lotus Domino LDAP server
On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 14:32 +0200, Olivier Delemar wrote:
> To make the long story short, I can send requests
> to a Lotus Domino LDAP service with "ldapsearch" over a non-TLS
> connection (option "-x"), I cant lookup LDAP entries in an
> OpenLDAP, TLS capable LDAP server from exim4 ACLs or routers, but I can't
> connect to the Domino LDAP service from exim ACL/routers.

What is Domino derived from? Have a read of
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch09.html#SECTldap

It's likely that you would need to change the compile-time options to
distinguish the two.

Alternatively - and this is my reading of the Exim code, so there's a
50/50 chance it's wrong! - your LDAP server is advertising a capability
to do TLS via a STARTTLS-style option, and Exim is then trying to
switch. Can you make the LDAP server you're having problems with *not*
advertise that capability?

Graeme