Re: [exim] SMTP connection lost after final dot

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SMTP connection lost after final dot
Luca Bertoncello wrote:
> Hi, list!
>
> Today have I a very strange problem...
>
> I use monit to monitor my server and it sends sometimes some E-Mails to me,
> to advice, for example, that a daemon's PID changed (restart) and so on...
>
> Since today, if SpamAssassin (3.2.2) is started, I see this entry in the
> exim_mainlog:
>
> 2007-07-26 16:44:41 1IE4Zt-0007x2-FX SMTP connection lost after final dot
> H=(ns.lucabert.de) [127.0.0.1] P=smtp
>
> and, of course, the E-Mail will not be delivered.
>
> In the Log of SpamAssassin I can see that the E-Mail will be scanned (in 8.5
> seconds?!? Impossible!).
>
> Has someone an idea, why I get this problem?

I think that that means that the sender timed out and disconnected while
waiting for spamassassin to complete, before exim had a chance to return
a result code to the end of the data. Presumably 3.2.2 is taking longer
than the previous version used to?

It might be helpful to see the full exigrep for one of those messages,
instead of just a single log line.

- Marc