Re: [exim] Unroutable address when bouncing a messagetoavirt…

Autor: Jürgen Herz
A: Exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Unroutable address when bouncing a messagetoavirtualuser
On 2007-07-23 10:36, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> Jürgen Herz wrote:
>
> > I wrote that I also added a similar lookup in acl_not_smtp. I guess I
> > wasn't clear that I also populate acl_c0 there with the same values.
> > Might it be that the local_parts fails because exim doesn't have a local
> > part in this situation?
>
> In acl_not_smtp there is no $local_part and no $domain defined, because
> there can potentially be multiple recipients and that acl is run only
> once. $recipients contains a comma separated list of the recipients.

Uh, indeed. So I'm now usin acl_m0 instead of $local_part there where
set acl_m0 = ${local_part:$recipients}

In my environment I'm sure that mail is only inserted by SMTP or by
bouncing, so it should be fairly save that $recipients only hold one
recipient, no?

> This can't be done in acl_not_smtp nor the routers so what I
> did was create a router:
>
> reroute_locally:
>    driver     = manualroute
>    domains    = ! +local_domains
>    condition  = ${if eq{$interface_address}{}}
>    transport  = remote_smtp
>    route_list = * "127.0.0.1"
>    self       = send
>    no_verify

> That way, even locally generated mail ends up passing through the
> "normal" acl's

Thanks, that's an interesting approach.
Since my above approach seems to work now, I'll not try that, but keep
it in my mind.

Bye,
Juergen