Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only

Autor: Michael L Griffin
A: Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only
Greetings

I agree - if you own a domain and the current host won't allow
verification, then find another host.

May I ask for an example of how you have implemented the check?
Mine is rudimentary and would like to beef it up a little.

Regards
Michael

On 22/07/07, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad+exim@???> wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2007, at 4:18 AM, Phil ((Medway Hosting)) wrote:
>
> > You obviously haven't received 100,000+ or more of them in one day
> > because
> > some spammer was forging the FROM from a domain that host. NO it is
> > NOT for
> > the greater good, and would block only a tiny %age of spam.
>

> It blocks like 80% of our spam we used to receive.
>
> I make very few exceptions -- if a host won't accept our attempt to
> check compliance with DSN requirements from the RFCs then we won't
> accept their mail and we tell their customers that their hosts are
> not RFC compliant and they should get new mail hosts. Sorry, but if
> a mail has your domain name on it, whether you sent it or not, you
> are responsible for it in as far as you help us determine whether or
> not you really sent it.
>
> Chad
>
> ---
> Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
> Your Web App and Email hosting provider
> chad at shire.net
>

> --

 _______________________________________
( R e g a r d s                         )
(                                       )
( M i c h a e l  L  G r i f f i n       )
( michael@???                )
( http://www.griffin.org.za             )
( Fax : +27 86 670 8945                 )
( Cel : +27 83 462 0462                 )
(                                       )
( Next step in OS evolution is found on )
( the command line...                   )
(                       .: L I N U X :. )
        .--.
       |o_o |
       |:_/ |
      //   \ \