Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only

Author: Chad Leigh
To: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only

On Jul 6, 2007, at 4:18 AM, Phil ((Medway Hosting)) wrote:

> You obviously haven't received 100,000+ or more of them in one day
> because
> some spammer was forging the FROM from a domain that host. NO it is
> NOT for
> the greater good, and would block only a tiny %age of spam.

It blocks like 80% of our spam we used to receive.

I make very few exceptions -- if a host won't accept our attempt to
check compliance with DSN requirements from the RFCs then we won't
accept their mail and we tell their customers that their hosts are
not RFC compliant and they should get new mail hosts. Sorry, but if
a mail has your domain name on it, whether you sent it or not, you
are responsible for it in as far as you help us determine whether or
not you really sent it.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC