[exim] Exim Configuration file parameter

Author: Wael Shahin
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim Configuration file parameter
Hi,
I have Exim version 4.6 installed on a Debian machine.
I have changed the message_size_limit from the configuration file and it
was not effective even though I have restarted the Exim daemon.
I would appreciate any advice in this regard
Here is some information
--------- exim -bV ---------
# exim -bV
Exim version 4.67 #1 built 13-Jul-2007 23:08:03
Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2006
Berkeley DB: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.3.29: (September 6,
2005)
Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl GnuTLS move_frozen_messages
Content_Scanning Old_Demime
Lookups: lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmnz dnsdb
dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm mysql nis nis0 passwd pgsql sqlite
Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl dovecot plaintext spa
Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral iplookup manualroute queryprogram
redirect
Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp
Fixed never_users: 0
Size of off_t: 8
Configuration file is /etc/exim4/exim4.conf
----------------- end of exim -bV ---------

--------- message_size_limit from the configuration file -----
# grep message_size_limit /etc/exim4/exim4.conf
message_size_limit = 1M

# grep
message_size_limit /etc/exim4/conf.d/main/02_exim4-config_options
message_size_limit = 1M

----------- exim -bP message_size_limit -------
# exim -bP message_size_limit
message_size_limit = 50M