Re: [exim] Commercial spam scanning solution for exim

Autor: John W. Baxter
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Commercial spam scanning solution for exim
On 7/18/07 1:01 PM, "Jeroen van Aart" <kroshka@???> wrote:

> Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>> On 18 Jul 2007, at 18:31, John Jetmore wrote:
>
>> Shame - it was a good package from all accounts. I was asked to produce
>
> With all the talk about spamfiltering I haven't seen any mention yet of
> assp. I'm quite happy with it, once it has had time to learn it does a
> thorough job, with very few false positives.
>
>> Obviously you can easily do outsourced spam scanning - Postini for
>> example. My own experience of this (not with Postini) has not been
>> positive so far, but then personally I would not have touched the
>> company involved.
>
> Postini seems to do a good job, but leaves through more spam than
> desired, which assp then has to catch. Proving assp actually works
> better, here at least.

Postini is in the process of being Google Gobbled. While Google doesn't
seem to share Symantec's odd business model (pay a lot for things then
destroy them), the transition is still a little worrysome.

I don't know what Chris' message volume is, but the relatively new Cloudmark
version which runs out of Spamassassin (possibly with all other rules
removed) might be of interest. Not free. <http://cloudmark.com>

--John