Re: [pcre-dev] More Windows-related/misc. tweaks

Author: Craig Silverstein
To: skunk
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] More Windows-related/misc. tweaks
} PCRECPP_EXP_DEFN should not be defined in more than one place, as
} that is generally bad practice.

Do you mean the code shouldn't be in more than place, or the compiler
(preprocessor) shouldn't be evaluating that code in more than one
place?

In the former, we already have it in two places, right -- once in
pcre.h (or pcre_internal.h), and once in pcrecpp.h. If the latter,
that's why we're expanding the #if guard.

} But if the former should be able to stand on its own without the RE
} class et al. floating about

Yes.

} , how about breaking out the PCRECPP_EXP_DEFN definitions into a
} separate "private" header file, to be referenced only by the pcrecpp
} headers themselves?

We could, but then we'd need to install that file -- or rather, the
users would. In general, I like to keep the need-to-install header
files down to as small a count as possible.

craig