Re: [exim] exim 4.63 / mailman 2.1 @ CENTOS 5

Author: John Burnham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.63 / mailman 2.1 @ CENTOS 5

> I'm migrating from FedoraCore 2 to CENTOS 5 with
> exim+mailman.
> I created some lists, did the configuration for
> main,routerand transports as described in:
>
> http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html#
>
> ...nearly the same as my FC2-install except for some
> path modifications. But when testing the list-address
> I get:
>
> FEDORA CORE 2:
> #exim -bt list
> list@???
> <-- list@???
> <-- list@???
> router = mailman_router, transport = mailman_transport
>
> vs.
>
> CENTOS 5:
> #exim -bt list
> list@??? -> |/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post
> list
> transport = address_pipe
>
> ...I'm not sure if this is correct!?
> perhaps an alias problem?

Possibly. Check that something hasn't been "helpful" and put entries in your
alias files for the list. If they have, try commenting them out and then try the
exim -bt command. You can add a -d to that (exim -d -bt list) which will give
you more information. Let us know how you get on and if you need any further
assistance.