Re: [exim] Exim.org move

Author: Nigel Metheringham
CC: Exim Users List
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim.org move

On 19 Jul 2007, at 14:37, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> Give me a little time on this. I am wondering if I could parse all of
> these and get the message ID from all the old messages, and use
> that to
> flip into the right place in the archives. Except lurker has no
> out-of-the-box message id search as far as I can tell...

Well that was fun...

Recent archives (ie last 5 years), now redirect into the correct message
in the lurker archive - with a few exceptions such as messages which had
duplicate or unparsable message ids.

The old pipermail archives just redirect into the to top of the mailing
list information - they do not contain sufficient information to allow
me to map them to the original messages without a lot of work.

Nigel.