Re: [exim] "Vista Mail" and errors after DATA

Author: Eli
To: 'Adam D. Barratt', exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "Vista Mail" and errors after DATA
> Errors created during the RCPT ACL are correctly handled, with Vista
> Mail returning the error message from exim to the client. However if
> the reject occurs later in the process (in this specific case during
> the MIME ACL) Vista Mail silently ignores the fact that a 550 was
> returned and simply moves the outgoing mail in to the "Sent Items"
> folder with no indication to the user that the mail has not been sent.

Can you show me an exact debug output of a Vista Mail session? I myself
have Vista (using it right now, however just a few days ago "upgraded" to
Outlook 2k7 and somewhat wishing I was actually using MS Mail since it
actually is a good client (yes, it actually works - and supports TLS!).

I have had no issues using MS Mail with Exim, though I most likely do not
have the same ACLs as you :)

Eli.