Re: [exim] multiple local transports for the same domain

Author: Graeme Fowler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] multiple local transports for the same domain
On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 18:09 -0400, Jeffrey McDonald wrote:
> I'm staging a new mail imap server to replace our old one. During
> this staging period, I'd like to deliver users' mail to both imap
> servers.

You'll need to have a duplicate copy of your local_user router just
before it to deliver over SMTP to your new host:

local_user_copy:
    driver = manualroute
    route_list = * jormungandr.scs.fsu.edu
    domains = + local_domains
    local_parts = ! root
    transport = remote_smtp
    unseen

local_user:
    driver = manualroute
    route_list = * thor.scs.fsu.edu
    domains = + local_domains
    check_local_user
    local_parts = ! root
    transport =LOCAL_DELIVERY

That's assuming you have a remote_smtp transport, of course. The
"unseen" directive in the first router makes sure that this is a
"shadow" router; it doesn't set up a "significant" delivery and
therefore makes a copy of the message, passing on further handling to
later routers.

Graeme