Re: [exim] @[] malfunctioning in exim 4.67?

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] @[] malfunctioning in exim 4.67?
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007, Marc Haber wrote:

> I think that exim should not use the domain_literals router should
> decline on that address since @[] is listed in the local_domains
> domainlist and 192.168.218.33 is a local IP address.

By "local IP address", do you mean "an address on an interface of this
host"? If not, Exim is working as designed:

  * If a pattern consists of the string "@[]" it matches any local IP interface
    address, enclosed in square brackets, as in an email address that contains
    a domain literal.

In this paragraph "local IP interface" means "an interface on this
host". I will add more words to make that clearer.

I'm guessing that by "local IP address" you mean "an address on the
local LAN". Exim does not attempt to work out anything about a local
LAN. All IP addresses other than those on the local host's interfaces
are "remote" from Exim's point of view.