Re: [exim] What causes duplicate emails?

Autor: Graeme Fowler
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] What causes duplicate emails?
On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 14:18 -0700, Marc Perkel wrote:
> As you migh have noticed my last message hit the list twice. It
> something that's happening somewhat randomly. Anyone know what might
> cause this?

Look at your logs on darwin.ctyme.com. It submitted the message to the
list server twice:

helo=darwin.ctyme.com) by sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.54) id
1I95z8-00040Z-B5 for exim-users@???; Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:14:04
+0100

helo=darwin.ctyme.com) by sesame.csx.cam.ac.uk with esmtp (Exim 4.54) id
1I95wM-0003g4-4S for exim-users@???; Thu, 12 Jul 2007 22:11:45
+0100

Interesting that you mention bsmtp in your post - if that fails when the
sending end thinks the message is not complete, but the receiving end
thinks it is, you can get duplication. You shouldn't, but you can. You
should always autoflush buffers if you're wrapping the pipe in a script.

Graeme