[exim] handling bugzilla mail with exim

Autor: Vincent Danen
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] handling bugzilla mail with exim
Has anyone ever used bugzilla 3.0's email_in.pl script with exim? I'm
having nothing but problems with it. The basic issue is that all the
bugzilla scripts are owned root:apache and are not readable/executable
by other users, which makes the mail user unable to use the script.

I've tried creating a transport/etc. to handle this, but it failed.
I've tried setting up a procmailrc for the apache user to receive those
mails, and bugzilla does some very wierd looping when it traps an error
and mails keep bouncing between mailer-daemon and the bugzilla user
(which also happened with the transport).

Looks like the script can't handle talking to exim properly (via
/usr/lib/sendmail). I'm not sure why. Spent a few hours yesterday
trying to figure this out, but my perl sucks so looking at the bugzilla
code did me no good.

I was wondering if anyone else using bugzilla with the inbound email
gateway and exim had actually gotten the silly thing to work, and if so,
how? Not much information to be found via google on this either.

Thanks.

--
Vincent Danen @ http://linsec.ca/