[exim] Expiring mail from the queue after 7 days, no matter …

Autor: Zoe O'Connell
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Expiring mail from the queue after 7 days, no matter what
Hi,

I'm having trouble with the size of my mail queue, most notably with
very old messages getting stuck in there for weeks. These messages
seem to be of two types:

Bounce messages, which aren't being ignored despite
"ignore_bounce_errors_after = 1d" in the config, because the host lookup
for them never completes.

And messages for hosts we relay for, where the user is over quota and
has been for some time, despite the following in the retry config:

*       rcpt_452    F,1d,1h

So, my question is, is there any way to tell exim "Really give up on any
message more than X days old, no matter what" without resorting to a
cron job?

Thanks.