Re: [exim] Greylisting - how do you implement?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Renaud Allard
A: Martin A. Brooks
Cc: exim-users, Derrick
Asunto: Re: [exim] Greylisting - how do you implement?

Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> I have a reall simple way to do it. And I'm using it on several hundred
>> domains and it works. Suppose you have 1 MX record. Add 2 more dummies.
>>
>> dummy1.example.com 10
>> real.example.com 20
>> dummy2.example.com 30
>>
>> Gets rid of almost all your bot spam and is far faster and easier than
>> greylisting.
>
> Derrick asks about greylisting. You, effectively, give him advice about
> making strawberry cheese cake

I don't totally agree. The solution Mark Perkel explained is about the
same in effect as greylisting but is much more simple to implement.
The drawbacks of his solution are:
-you cannot whitelist
-you cannot control the minimum retry time
-you must have more than one IP
The good point is:
-extremely simple to implement
-very lightweight

The comparison would be more like a strawberry cheesecake vs a chocolate
cheesecake with strawberries on top. :D