Re: [exim] Undefined variable in eval: (string expansion)

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Toralf Lund
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Undefined variable in eval: (string expansion)
Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Fri, 6 Jul 2007, Toralf Lund wrote:
>

>> What do I get if I do something like
>>
>> ${eval:$some_variable+1}
>>
>> when "some_variable" is not actually defined?
>>

> It depends on the variable. In the case of $acl_ variables it also
> depends on whether you have set strict_acl_vars or not.

I primarily had $acl_ variables in mind. "strict_acl_vars" is a fairly
new option, isn't it? I'm using a somewhat old exim , so it may not be
relevant (maybe it's time for an upgrade again ;-)). Also, I'm presuming
this option is off by default, so that I won't get surprises as and when
I install a version where it's supported.

Still, maybe I ought to initialise the variable(s) by hand in order to
be on the safe side...

Thanks.

- Toralf