[exim] Rejection policies (was Re: Sender callout verificati…

Autor: Marc Sherman
A: exim-users
Assumptes vells: Re: [exim] Sender callout verification with warning only
Assumptes nous: Re: [exim] Rejection policies
Assumpte: [exim] Rejection policies (was Re: Sender callout verification with warning only)
[I changed the subject because this is not a continuation of the part of
the thread that was getting acrimonious]

Jeremy Harris wrote:

> Without knowing for sure what mails are spam and what are ham,
> we reject connections:
>    10% rdns + 2mx
>    35% helo
>    5%  dnsbl
>    20% conn-dropped during delays
>    10% no such user
>    3%  sender-verify

I'm curious -- what's that first criteria "rdns + 2mx"? Do you require
any sending site to have at least 2 mx's configured?

I used to have a backup mx configured for my site, but I disabled it
long ago as it turned out to be more hassle dealing with the spam
injected through it than it was helpful in dealing with lost mail during
outages of the primary.

- Marc