[exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Wicus Ross
A: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Sending mail from different IP per domain
Hello.

I'm a novice when it regarding the running and configuring of Exim or
Exim 4 for that matter. I'm running Ubuntu 6.10 Server.

I have a machine that has 3 IP aliases on eth0. Each alias represents
a website. One of the sites wish to send emails. I would prefer it if
the email would originate from the IP address that is associated with
that site.

I have searched the forums and found atleast one post that relates to
mine (http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060918/msg00090.html).

I tried to implement the suggested solution:
http://www.exim.org/mail-archives/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20060918/msg00116.html.
Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have the effect I'm hoping for or I'm
at fault. My server identifies itself as the default host ie. what is
stipulated in the hostname file.

Is this possible or I'm on the wrong track?

Regards,
Wicus Ross