Re: [exim] Outlook 2003 wont STARTTLS

Autor: David Purton
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Outlook 2003 wont STARTTLS
On Tue, Jul 03, 2007 at 02:43:32PM +0930, David Purton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble getting Outlook 2003 SP2 to authenticate. I have had
> success with both Thunderbird and Outlook 2007.
>
> To be honest I am completely confused as to what is wrong.
>
> This is what I want:
>
> Exim to listen on part 587
> advertise STARTTLS to everyone
> advertise AUTH PLAIN (using saslauthd) only after STARTTLS has been
>       negatiated
> allow relay only for authenticated users

> I've tried just about every conceivable permutation of ports, ssl, spa,
> etc that outlook offers, but with no joy.

OK. I found that if I add a saslauthd LOGIN authentication method it
works, but not all that reliably.

In Outlook, I have to set spa and ssl.

The outlook logs show that it initailly tries to talk ssl straight away,
then after that fails it goes to tls. It remains to be seen how well and
for how long it remembers to use tls.

cheers

dc

--