[exim] how to ignore exim4 group??

Autor: edwardo
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] how to ignore exim4 group??

My Exim setup delivers mail to virtual users.
Consider the fictional account bob@???

A maildir format mailstore is created under
/usr/local/vdomains/mydomain.co.uk/users/bob

I created a new unix group (groupname: bob_mydomain_co_uk) for the sole use
of bob@??? and chgrp -R the bob directory to use it. I also chmod
g+s bob. This means that any user assigned to the group bob_mydomain_co_uk
can create files in this directory and that these files are created with the
bob_mydomain_co_uk group name.

-rw-r--r-- 1 Debian-exim bob_mydomain_co_uk    0 Jul  3 00:18 test.txt

Exim runs as user 'Debian-exim'. I've added Debian-exim to the
bob_mydomain_co_uk group. If I ssh to the server as user Debian-exim and
create a file in the bob directory, it's created with owner 'Debian-exim'
and group 'bob_mydomain_co_uk' as expected.

Mail sent to bob@??? gets written by Exim to the bob maildir, but
with owner 'Debian-exim' and frustratingly with group 'Debian-exim'. I think
this is due to the default exim_user and exim_group setting buried somewhere
in exim.

I need all the files(emails) to be created with the unique group
bob_mydomain_co_uk so that I can apply group based quota thresholds. Is it
possible to have Exim write to the maildir without it specifying the group?

Many thanks