[exim] Getting stats about Exim

Author: Gordon Ross
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Getting stats about Exim
I have a front-end exim server into which all incoming e-mail goes through. This machine does the main anti-spam stuff, then forwards the messages onto internal servers for distribution.

I would like to get a basic stat on the number of messages received, and the number rejected.

As an added complication, this front-end box is also my main outbound box as well, so in theory I need to be able to discount the messages that come from internal machines (These are easy to identify) However, if this makes things too hard, I can work out by other means the number of messages sourced internally and subtract them from the total number of received messages.

Eximstats doesn't appear to do what I need it to do.

Google appears to suggest sa-exim-stats - but I'm not sure if this would work as I'm not using the sa-exim patch...

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks,

GTG
--