Re: [exim] smtp authentication using default domain

Autor: Ted Cooper
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] smtp authentication using default domain
alexis wrote:
> Please, can you help me how to to this in exim directly (to ask for a
> default domain if none is provided). because i created a stored
> procedure on mysql and i need to specify client_flags on the
> connection string for this to work and i cannot get it working (the
> connection string) on exim.
>
> what i want is if user doesnt provide a domain in it's username,
> append a default domain.

I ran into a problem very similar to this the other day. All my SMTP
AUTH username are username@??? styled. If someone tried to
authenticate without an @domain.name part it went a little wonky and
tried to open a directory to lsearch. To fix the problem, I created a
default file in that directory and exchanged ${domain:$1} with:

${if eq{${domain:$1}}{}{defaultnone}{${domain:$1}}}

So that if the {$domain:$1} part expands to the empty string, the whole
thing expands out to "defaultnone". Otherwise it expands into what I
really wanted in the first place :P
I have a "defaultnone" file stored in with all the domains which is a
completely empty file. No username/password combination will ever work :)
With a few minor tweaks, the same thing should work with your database.
Just create a fake domain in there that's never going to work and
replace a few bits. Have fun!

Ted.

--
The Exim Manual