Re: [exim] No incoming email

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] No incoming email
On 01/07/07, Scott Jones <sanchiro@???> wrote:
> Yesterday morning, I went to my office, checked my email, and wrote up a
> letter to mail to 277 of my emailable patients.
>
> I sent out the letter, using a mailing list managed by Mailman and it went
> out fine. Several patients noted that they received the email.
>
> Normally I always receive several emails back, saying the recipient is out
> of the office, or this or that, but NOTHING came in all morning, and nothing
> from anyone else either. I usually will receive 20 to 40 more before lunch.

Well without any more information, there's a huge list of things which
might cause this..here are a few:

- Your domain registration expired
- The DNS servers for your domain are broken or unreachable
- The MX records for your domain in the DNS are messed up
- Your dynamic IP address changed
- Your ISP's routing is screwed
- Your ISP's smarthost is broken
- Your ISP is not allowing incoming connections on port 25
- Your firewall is not allowing incoming connections on port 25
- Your iptables rules are not allowing incoming connections on port 25
- The disk partition where Exim stores your incoming mail is full or broken

What does your Exim log tell you? Is mail reaching your server at all?
If not, the fault probably isn't under your control.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???