Re: [exim] [Fwd: Re: Test]

Author: Dave Evans
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [Fwd: Re: Test]
On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 11:34:27PM +0200, Robert Cates wrote (to B.
Johannessen (bob@???)):
> How sweet! Are you just being a smart-ass, or did you really enter my
> IP into a blacklist? I've never spammed, and I'm working hard to keep
> my mail server from allowing spammers to get through.

Calm down. I think maybe you've misunderstood something.

B. Johannessen said "Welcome to *my* blacklist" (emphasis added by me). This
suggests to me that he has his own blacklist, and as such, it is quite rightly
his prerogative to add or remove whoever he wants into that list; if it's his
list, he is answerable to nobody for it.

Assuming your mail server's IP is 217.91.111.75, it doesn't appear to be
listed any any of the big-name blacklists
(http://www.robtex.com/rbls/217.91.111.75.html).

> I needed to test my mail server configuration to see if my mail (one
> message) made it to the list or not.

Finally, you say "I've never spammed", but posting "Hi, just tesing my exim
4.67 configuration. Sorry!", to this mailing list is certainly going to test
some people's patience. Next time might I suggest that you wait until you've
got something on-topic to post, instead of posting something off-topic? Thank
you.

> A little further explanation - some mailing list accept my
> mail, however one (and only one) list rejects it, and I do not
> understand why, when it used to accept it before and as far as I know I
> haven't really changed anything (that I can imagine would cause this to
> happen). I am subscribed, because I receive mail from the list constantly.

You're probably best off asking the administrator of that list, then.

Good luck,

--
Dave Evans
Power Internet Limited, registered in England #03053650 at Norfolk House,