Re: [exim] smart host

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Sergio Aguirre
A: Jason_Meers
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] smart host
Jason_Meers wrote:
> Sergio Aguirre wrote:
>> Thanks, I have been testing, but still have a problem:
>>
>> I need to send all the mail trafic to an appliance (external router)
>> to check all the spam and only the internal mail should be return to
>> the exim box, and the external to the outside.
>>
>> The problem I have is, i send all the mail, but the internal makes a
>> loop, the exim send to the appliance and then it send the mail back
>> and so on, I don't know how to tell the exim when the mail comes from
>> the appliance don't sent it again.
>>

> 1) Can the mail just get sent to the appliance first?
>
> 2) Can the appliance add a header to tell us it has already seen the
> message?
>
> 3) Have you read Tim Jacksons paper and considered running Anti-Spam
> on the Exim box itself?
> http://www.exim-new-users.co.uk/content/view/99/39/
>
> Thanks
> Jason_Meers

The first option is discarted, because there are more than one thousand
clients and most of them connect the exim with ip, and the guy
responsable of this doesn't want to change,

The second one could be, I tried to recognize the header to stop the
loop, but the exim send me a configuration error, of course i didn't
configure fine, i tried with the next lines:

smart_route:
driver = manualroute
transport = remote_smtp
route_list = * "${if match{$sender_rcvhost:}{\something_on_header.*\}\
                   {!+local_domains}{ip_of_appliance_filter}}"

The exim recongize the header, but not the !+local_domains, it send me
an mta error with this option.

3. I am not the postmaster of this exim box, and I ask the postmaster
guy to do it, but they want to use the appliance, so I don't have other
way to do it,

I think the best way is the second option, only i need to know how to do
the actions.

Regards,

Sergio Aguirre