Re: [exim] mail forwarding

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mail forwarding
John Clement <john.clement@???> (Di 26 Jun 2007 13:25:27 CEST):
> Hi there,
>
> someone mistakenly added a new mx entry to our australian domain when
> adding it to our london ones. It propagated and started sending mail to
> our london exim server which has since been rejecting the mails (relay
> not permitted) to readingroom.com.au
>
> I put the following in the exim config file in attempt to get the london
> server to forward on these mails to their correct destination
>

> # route for AUS
> aus_route:
>         driver = manualroute
>         domains = readingroom.com.au
>         transport = remote_smtp
>         route_list = readingroom.com.au 61.9.200.131

> the ip address above is the public ip of the australian mail server.
> I've also tried some variations of the above (excluding the domains
> line, and using the aus mail server's name and adding 'bydns' on the end
> of the route_list line) but after restarting exim I get the same relay
> not permitted message.

Exim has to know about permission to relay. Just having a routing entry
isn't sufficient.

Depending on your ACL config it might be enough to use

    domainlist relay_to_domains = readingroom.com.au

or more general (but may be dangerous)

    domainlist relay_to_domains = @mx_any

But, again, it depends on your ACL.

    Best regards from Dresden
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -